Friday, December 21, 2007

TuMani news


I was finally able to get some home presents wrapped today as the past couple of weeks have been completely crazy. Last week I worked all week getting ready for our Christmas pageant at church. If three nitwits hadn't thrown away our costumes and backgrounds it would have been much easier. Luckily I was able to save one copy of the pageant itself. I typed and printed one copy of it and Jaime took it to work and made copies and then we laminated the front and back covers and sprial bound the pageant and music together. All our electric candles were also disposed of so I bought little flash lights and passed them out to the audience so they could see the music to sing along. All in all the pageant turned out well---it wasn't perfect but this year "all" children were included instead of just the preacher's two brats. They weren't too happy about not getting to be Mary and Joseph again this year but I picked the Mary and Joseph this year----it was a young couple that had a new baby. Sunday morning when everyone was getting dressed in their costumes it sounded like it was supposed to sound---lots of giggles and complete controlled chaos. After the pageant was over I kept the kids in their costumes long enough for all parents, grandparents, great grandparents and what not to get all the pictures they wanted---they were very pleased. Yesterday Jaime's company had their Christmas office party---it was the first Christmas office party they had every had --Monday I made twelve pounds of fudge to go into holiday tins for some door prizes and then Tuesday I made construction equiptment shaped candy for part of the food platters. She said they had a full house at the party ----there was some food left over so we ended up with leftover "little smokies" , assorted cheese and assorted crackers---we are having party food for supper tonight.

My picture today is of Stacey London and Clinton Kelly from TLC's "What Not to Wear" I think TuMani will have some new residents Christmas, too. Need more coffee.

No comments: