Friday, January 18, 2008

Mel's First Doll of 2008



I bought my first doll for 2008 yesterday. I was at Family Dollar to get cleaning supplies, and saw her on a shelf display right across the aisle from the checkout counter. She is a Pretty Flowers Christie. The series is from 5 years ago and and I really liked them then and bought the blond and redhaired Barbies but never saw Christie. She went right into my basket. I really like her, although I am being very uncreative and naming her Christie Flowers. She will help maintain the Melton rule that no doll is dateless on Saturday Night, LOL. She and Stanley James mke a great couple. I think I'll go over to Walmart later, if it warms up a bit, and see if they still have the blackhaired Island Princess on sale. I still have a dateless guy sitting all alone on my doll shelf . I have decided to designate said shelf Melton East for the time being, at least until I have the rest of my dolls back.

2 comments:

JFMDolton said...

I like her name Mel. I don't seem to have that one either.
I like your bench, where did you get it? I have the same one in green and another one that I painted a creamy white colour.
I think the new name for your town is quite appropriate and probably should remain at least a suburb of your original town when it comes home.
The black haired Island Princess is a pretty doll. I almost bought her too but went for the blonde lea/kayla looking doll instead. Of course I may go back LOL
The WM in the mall where I work will be staying open until 11 p.m. now so that means I can go shopping after work *yippee*

Mel said...

My sister gave me the bench along with 3 rockingchairs. She got them for my greatnieces to play with, but they never played with them. My good luck! It's great to be a kid at heart!