Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Well I am sure that no one is surprised that State Farm Insurance wants to total my car :( They have offered me twenty five hundred dollars for it ---and I am supposed to be jumping with joy with all that money and run right out and get another car---not so fast---I don't think so. I have already done some research and if I could find the exact same car on a car lot with the same number of miles it would cost me thirty three hundred dollars and that is without all the taxes and I would be buying a pig in a poke. At least I know what I have and if I have to trade cars in a year or so I will still have one to trade in. It was only three weeks ago we had that new fan assembly put on the car for almost three hundred dollars (not paid for yet) and about a month before that we had a new tire put on for about a hundred dollars not to mention I just had the car tags renewed for fifty dollars so I would still be in a hole. I knew I would get screwed no matter what happened with no matter what insurance company---I have been screwed by Met and by Geico (more than once---kill the lizard) Several years ago Jaime was driving a little Horizon and got hit in the drivers side and Met totaled the car---saw the car about a month later ---they had replaced the door and it was fine. We know for a fact it was our car because Jaime had painted the cartoon Beatles on the rear of the trunk or hatch. I told the girl at State Farm I would have to get back to her and I am just going to let them wait until Jaime's doctor bill comes in cause surely they need to pay that and the service that handles the bills only bills one a month and she went in right after billing. The girl asked me if there was a lien on the car and I told her "no" it belonged to me. I know how that worked she thought they could buy it out from under me. I guess I will talk to the body shop a little later and see what it would cost to pull the wrinkle out of the back end so the trunk lid will fit and then go from there. Our weather has been nice for the past couple of days--not so hot and humid and we are supposed to get some rain tomorrow and Thursdays maybe. I need to do a little weed whacking around the walkways but the regular grass is brown and crunchy right now. I guess that is a good thing since I am still sore from all that jolting from the wreck. Jaime is now out of her neck brace for the most part and no longer taking the muscle relaxers---but she does have them in case she needs them. I did find another doll house at Goodwill last week that is like one I have and I put them together to make one large house. I have posted a picture of the upstairs. Maybe I can get a better picture later.

No comments: