Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bev's Bedroom Set

You may recall yesterday, seeing this large dresser that I bought at Micheal's. Well today I went back and bought the shorter version. I thought there were singles too, that I could use as night tables. But either I was dreaming/hoping or maybe they sold out.
Anyway, here is Beverley in her new, as yet unfinished bedroom. I still have to make the sheets for the bed. The bedding is made from old flannette pajamas of mine. And of course they are mint green to match Bev's outfit. Did you notice the feet of the bed?
There will be a lamp for the shorter dresser also, that is already up in the Lofton cottage. As I mentioned a few days ago, the Venetian cottage up in Lofton will have 5 bedrooms. I am currently wallpapering large cardboard pieces to use as room dividers. Plus they will be on a higher level than the main floor where the living room and kitchen are located. You'll see the pix when I get it done. It's gonna be a busy spring season here!
As you can see she fits perfectly on the bed. This was a cardboard box that V-8 juice cans come in. They are taller and bigger than pop cans, so the bed is longer and deeper. I have made several of these beds for my Doltonites over the years. But they take up a lot of room.

Here you can see the depth of the drawers. Bev will be able to fit a lot of clothing inside.

No comments: