Sunday, April 27, 2008




One of today's pictures is of a white iris that I didn't even know I had---it's nice to find surprises like this one. The other picture is of Meg dressed as Bubbles from the Power Puff girls. Her skirt and little under blouse were found at Goodwill and I just added some bias for trim. I bought some black material and just cut bias as she needed odd sizes and the blasted stuff has gotten so expensive. I made the little very short sleeved jacket . We found a pattern and altered it a little. She wanted some puffy socks and I talked her into letting me make tubes and stuffing them with batting and then inserting elastic so they would go over her feet and fall at her ankles. Her wand is made from a piece of PVC pipe and two magnifying glasses. We painted the pipe silver and aqua and then I inserted the handles of the magnifying glasses into the ends of the pipe and sealed them with epoxy putty and painted it, too. The smaller glass was painted with aqua gallery glass. Meg painted her canvas shoes with blue fabric paint and the belt is made from two belts. One had to be sacrificed for parts. The colored parts on the belt are sculpey glued on and so is the hair barrett. We cut the fingers out of her gloves and sealed them with Fray Check and she painted the white borders on her bracelets. She has gym shorts on under that short skirt in case anyone was wondering. She said she didn't want anyone to know what color her drawers were :) Her wig was bought on clearance for five dollars. The best thing this year is everyone knew what character she was. It's the first time that has happened. Meg wants to know how old does she look---so comment and let me know. I look at other kids her age and she just seems younger---of course she doesn't wear the war paint they do and except when she is playing a character she wears jeans. Jaime has messaged me and said there were two new anime residents coming to live in TuMani---at first there was just a boy but now there is a girl too. I'm glad I hadn't told the girls there was a man on the way. The kitties and I have had the house mostly to ourselves for the past three days. The girls have been at the anime convention in Nashville. One of their friends got a hotel room and they were invited to stay and their part of the room will be fifty dollars (they couldn't buy the gas to go for that price) and this was Gary's weekend to work. I painted one wall in my "workroom" where Meg is going to move some of her anime stuff and put some clear vinyl on a couple of shelves in Jaime's room to keep the kitties off them. They have been throwing things on her while she is asleep so I had to slow that down. Donald picked me up for church this morning but since we didn't have a preacher it was a short morning. I have finally got the kids to use the rhythm instruments correctly. Did hear the preacher we used to have was moving to Kentucky the first part of May. He wasn't really too bad a guy but I won't even go into what his wife was but is sounds a lot like "witch". I told them I would buy them a little drum to use once they mastered the other things. The residents at the Crossings are happy now that I have put in a second fan.

1 comment:

Mel said...

It is hard to tell her age from the photo. I think it makes her look older than she probably does in real life. The costume is really nice! I love the iris. My Red Hat group went to see the annual iris show saturday. There were so many kinds that I idin't even know about. There was one that was almost black. Next fall I am going to plaant lots of them. The only things I have planted here so far are a dwrf lilac bush and a red hibiscus bush. There is a big red rose bush that was here when we bought the house and it is blooming to beat the band.