Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bunk Bed Scene


While we are on the bedroom category LOL I bought two more of these sets today at Sears. They have been marked down to $10. A great deal considering that you get, the doll, an extra outfit, the guitar, locker, gun rack (brown item in back) tons of weaponry, weight lifting equipment (bar bells) and of course the bunk beds. I now have 5 sets! LOL
You could propably repaint the beds and with different bedding could be made into nice looking bunk beds. As you can see the TK's have taken them over. I will probably make up a military or camping scene too. As this set has many possibilities. The lockers would make a great school scene too!
The guys are all blonde as you can see, but I think I might repaint a couple to be brunettes. Maybe even try flocking too.

4 comments:

yvonne said...

Gee I remember when our Sears stores had a toy section--no more --haven't for years even before they married K Mart :( I also remember when we got a Sears catalogue through the mail and a special toy catalogue that would take hours to "read" cause I would go throuth it so fast the first time and then go back again and again---it was a "good" read and this was before I was into collecting dolls. But then JC Penney used to have toys, too---and a catalogue--makes me sad :(

JFMDolton said...

I remember too Yvonne. Although Sears does have an extensive toy selection in their Xmas Wish Book, the rest of the year it's slim pickings. I like the fact that we have the outlet store to get all these goodies from.

max said...

Hi Jane. I like the bunk beds. My Kish girls could use those! Too bad my Sears does not have a toy dept any more either. A few years ago, my mom found me that kitchen center for the barbies at Sears but that was the last time there were toys. I've been trying to find buck beds on ebay but they go for too much money...mostly because they are made of wood. What are the ones you have made out of?

JFMDolton said...

They are made of sturdy plastic Max. They won't break if dropped, but if you stepped on them they would. I'd get you the set but the box is pretty heavy with all the items in it. It cost me $18 to send Mel's package. Check and see if you have a Sears at any of your outlet malls. I just checked the box, it is imported from China (where else) exclusively for Sears.