Monday, September 24, 2007

New Member and New Dollies

Don't delete me! This is Jaime, Yvonne's oldest daughter. She let me use her invite to join here too. :) I thought I'd share a couple of pics of dollies that came home with us from Anime Weekend Atlanta this year.

(I'd like to point out that every year I've gone to AWA, I always end up bringing dollies back home. I dunno, it just happens.)

I bought my very first Japanese Pullip doll this weekend. Ah, she's adorable! She's about 5 or 6 inches tall and is reminiscent of Blythe dolls, except without the creepy moving eyeball factor. Pullips are made by Jun Planning...and that's about all I know. I don't know her proper Japanese name (couldn't read the box, sorry), but since she was adopted over the first day of fall, her name is Autumn.

(Apologies for blurry pics. The flash on my Polaroid digicam died and my cellphone was the next best thing handy. I'll get better pictures later. Also...I'm still learning this Blogger thing.)


The next dolli--er, action figure that I found was Spike Spiegel from the show "Cowboy Bebop". (It's a great show, I should add. I've loved it a long time.) I got such a deal on Spike that I asked the seller if the price on his box was right. Maybe that decimal was in the wrong place? Nope, that was the definite price. I was SO happy!


Spike is made by Medicom, which makes some of the BEST action figures I've ever seen. Great detail, great articulation, the finished products always look like the prototypes--SO NICE.

I've got some neat little miniature toys to share later, plus another dollie we got at Atlanta, but I have to take pics first. Hopefully, they'll be better than the cell phone ones. :D

3 comments:

Diane said...

LOL hi Jaime don't worry no one is getting deleted! I just changed your access from Guest to Admin so you are now an official contributor to the blog.
Your new residents are adorable! Looking forward to seeing more goodies soon. Welcome aboard, glad you dedided to join us!

JFMDolton said...

Welcome Jaime. We wouldn't delete you LOL
What size is Spike?
Your Pullip gal is cute.

Smits said...

Hi Jane! Hi Diane! :) I've got more pics I need to upload and one more new resident that my Mom got while we were in Atlanta. We ended up with an entire family, the Con Family. *hee* They even came home with a pet, a cat named Sushi.

Spike is standard action figure size, about 12 or 13 inches. I think he's got 26 points of articulation, so he's fun to pose. I can't get him to stand on his own unfortunately, but that's okay. He's still handsome. If anyone would like me to get hold of one for them, let me know and I'll email the people at the Japanese book store in Marietta. They're a bunch of really sweet people there.