Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Chairs-Cans in Assembly



As a bonus from moving stuff around in Lofton, I found a large piece of cardboard to make the backing for my chairs. I add this for two reasons; 1 because the edges are sharp and I don't want anyone (us, kids or pets) to get cut handling the chairs, and 2 because it gives the chairs more shape. When I first started making these chairs (over 20 years ago) I did not add the cardboard and the wool sagged over time. This way it keeps it taught (tense, tight, whatever) over the years.

In the picture you can see the scrap pieces of the cardboard which goes into into my compost so nothing is wasted. The cardboard is glued on with a glue gun. I have tried glue out of the bottle but it dries out and the cardboard comes loose. So the glue may cost more to use but it is worth it in the long run.

Again if any of you see a chair that you like, please let me know which one and I will send it to you. Not only do I enjoy making these chairs, it also gives me exercise! Exercise? While crocheting each circle I ride 4 miles on my stationary bike. So each chair takes me 16 miles! Another reason to keep making them LOL

Also whatever ponchos you like, please let me know and I will make them for your residents too. I am currently making boas for a change of pace inbetween the other projects. If anyone wants them I can insert them in the packages too. Remember New Year's is only 2.5 months away!
As most of you saw I also posted the cranberry chair on the yahoo blog. I did this so that those of you who have trouble on this site can see it also on the yahoo site.
I like this site because it sends notices to people when I/we post and we can see each other's post or you can reply to the post from your email (which others don't see). I know it is has taken some time to get used to this site so that is why I am still posting on yahoo also.
BTW when you go to the "Home" page on the yahoo site, you can click on the link to this site on Diane's blog. Anything in blue lettering like View Feed Entry and Doll Collectors Annonymous from Diane's blog, will take you directly to this google blog. From there you just sign in as prompted. If you don't have a google address, then you must sign in with your full email address. I hope this helps everyone.
Hope to see you all online, one place or another LOL

No comments: