Saturday, October 20, 2007

Indian Summer Day



As mentioned on the yahoo blog, I was able to go out and cut the lawn for the first time this summer. My foot is healing nicely and I can even play for a couple of hours at a time in Dolton. Walking any distance is still troublesome though, as I tend to have a heavy step and always walk at a quick pace. I learned that trying to keep up with others as I have such short legs LOL
Last night I watched "Grease" with John Travolta and ONJ. I have always wanted to set up a drive-in scene at Dolton Beach and this year, I thought would be the year that I could do it. Of course my plantar facitis and the extreme heat that we had all summer kept me from my plans. Even my friend Debbie was excited to come over and help set up the scene. Maybe I can create it up in Lofton which is partially torn apart at one end right now as Jack had to go up and thread the cable from our satellite dish through the roof instead of over the roof as it was originally done. No wonder we lost our connection as the wiring was worn right through from 8 years of weather exposure. Anyway now that area is all 'open' again, I will lay down some more plywood and expand Lofton even more! Soon I will have all the roof/attic taken over LOL Of course going up to there to clear out the area for Jack meant climbing the ladder which I was able to do now that my foot is much better so I can go up and down without worrying about it anymore. And the weather is cooler now so I can breathe up there. Of course my time is limited, once the real cold weather arrives I won't be able to go up there as it is not heated and can't or shouldn't be. There is insulation on the 'floor' of the attic but not in the rafter's, that is so they can breathe and why also it is very arid up there as it should be so the roof doesn't rot.
Well I've yammered enough. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend and remember take the time to smell the roses! *wink*

2 comments:

max said...

Beautiful pictures Jane! The weather here has been summerlike too, but leaves are turning color and starting to fall so we know winter is coming.

JFMDolton said...

My poor dahlias all died over the weekend! Now they are all black! I hate when that happens, one night of frost and zap the season is finished. Ironically today it's back to Indian summer.