Saturday, October 6, 2007

Look What I got today!


Today was another football game in Toronto. Jack had to do a service call downtown so I tagged along for the ride and went shopping *grin*

The Bay (Canada's oldest store) had a sale on B1G1Free. I found some Tommy outfits, skipper outfits and these two gals. Now my dilema is, should they become Doltonites? Or be cabinet dolls? What do you think? I'm going to post a poll. Please vote. I think you have to come onsite to do so.

The gals are Cinco de Mayo and Irish Dance Barbie. There was only "1" of each of them on the shelf. It was an omen to buy them I guess.

In Toronto there is an underground shopping area, that is about 3 miles long and I don't know how wide. But it encompasses, all the major hotels, many office towers and of course is is lined with shops and boutiques along the way. I was going to take the subway to the game and meet Jack there but I started to walk instead. While I was underground a horrific t-storm erupted over Toronto. The thunder was so loud that I could hear it in the underground. The rain came down in buckets. Jack called me on his cell and said he was on his way down to the game and would pick me up on the way. No way could I go out in the pouring rain and wait for him, so I continued to walk. I got to the end of the Underground (walking) before Jack arrived by car. The rain was so heavy that driving was next to impossible. By the time we met up, parked the van and headed to the game (we were late of course) the sun was coming out!

Well we won the game but when we got home 4 hours later, Mississauga hadn't got a drop of rain!
Note: you have to come to the blogsite to vote. The poll is at the bottom of the page, just scroll down. Thanks

2 comments:

yvonne said...

Jaime and I both think you should put them in the cabinet and let them come out on "their" special days---St. Paddys and Cinco de Mayo--of course they could always have families and dress in their native costumes on their "special" days :)

JFMDolton said...

Thanks for the suggestions Yvonne. I think I will put them in a cabinet (when I find room LOL) and bring them out for those special occassions. Especially Irish Dance Barbie, as I already have a scene planned for that which I am STILL dressing dolls for! Maybe it will be ready for 2008 ha ha ha!