Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Busy Day

No pic today as I was out and about for most of the afternoon. Went to IKEA and picked up another cabinet for the Heights. Now I have to wait for Jack to come home and put it together for me. It will be the 5th one for this room!
Busy busy busy at work. Jackpots are high again, not because of no winners, there are. But a couple of times during the year the Lottery Commission adds extra money from winnings that have never been claimed, for whatever reason. If you win the lottery here in Canada, you have a year to claim it, otherwise it goes back into the pot. So each week now the jackpot has been 20 million and growing. It's $35 million tomorrow! I may have to buy a ticket LOL
Also today, two packages arrived with sweaters that I have won on ebay. Two for my Venetian gals, one for a Ken and a coat/dress/sweater for a Barbie. Later this week I will get the residents dressed in their new attire.
It's much cooler here but still my kind of weather. I am one of those menopausal women still running around without a coat, while the rest of humanity are bundled up in parkas and scarves! Gee whiz it's not really that cold out. But the wind makes it feel that way. At least I have resigned myself to wearing shoes and socks, up til Sunday I was still in my flip flops LOL
As I mentioned it is really busy at work and so I am working every second evening now. And most likely will be until xmas. Still crocheting like mad when I am home as I am making (and hopefully finishing) all the xmas gifts this year. Well it's a plan anyway LOL
Anita wrote from Sweden and she now has 5" of snow on the ground. So I guess winter is there to stay now. Out in western Canada they got some snow too (Alberta) so I guess it's coming this way eventually.
If I have some time I will post on the Health Blog later, check just in case. But tonight is my big TV night as I have shows running back to back right through from 7 p.m. until 3 a.m. If I can last that long! Writer's strike south of the border won't affect my shows as they are all Canadian made. Plus there is always hockey if I am tv desperate LOL
Well I'm off to start supper. Going to make those chicken fingers again, that I posted on Diane's recipe blog, last month. They turned out pretty good last time even Jack liked them. He's not one to eat that kind of food. But I am always looking for something different to do with chicken! Instead of bread crumbs though I am using crotons laced in garlic.
Anyway hope you all are doing well out there. Oh Max, I finished your items. Do you want a pic before I package them up? LMK okay.
Catch you all later, or tomorrow.

2 comments:

Diane said...

You certainly have been busy Jane!
Oh! I hadn't even seen the recipes until you mentioned it. They look great though! Thanks for sharing :)

JFMDolton said...

Something is not right here Diane as none of your replies are coming through to me. I just happen to notice them now when I was browsing.