Wednesday, November 7, 2007

More Ponchos, this time for Dusty doll


Since this wool was a bit thick, although not as bad as most of my wool, I thought the poncho would suit my Dusty doll. But it also fits Barbie too, as you can see.
Instead of the eyelash trim, which doesn't look good on the thicker wool, I tried this type of trim instead. Not sure what this yarn is called but I do like it. It's 100% polyester, yet has no stretch. I used to use this yarn as trim on my doll coats when I was sewing a few years back. I am also currently crocheting scarves (for real people) from it.
Funny how the hats turned out so different, yet they were both made exactly the same!!
Today is gloomy but not cold. I have to go to work early today as the jackpot is $35 million tonight!
Catch you all later.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Nice ponchos. I like that trim! I've seen it in the stores but don't know what it's called either. Should make for nice scarfs.

JFMDolton said...

Yeah the scarves are turning out okay but I wonder if they will be itchy around the neck!
Again I didn't receive a notice that you replied to this, hmmm

JFMDolton said...

I think the wool is just called polyester, it's a phentex product BTW.